Who doesn’t love to have a full body massage after a long hectic working day? It’s not a luxury to want to have a good massage if you have back pain, joint pain or torn muscles. But, going to a massage center often can be a very expensive practice for some and your city may even have a spa and massage center at all. A good solution is to get the best massage chair under 1000 dollars for yourself. It will enable you to get a good personalized massage in your home, any time you want.
But, getting a massage chair can be an expensive decision to make. If you are a person who wants to get a good massager but doesn’t have a big budget to spend, this article might help you big time. After researching a lot of full body massage chairs, we’ve come up with the best chairs that can meet your goals.
How does massage chair work?
You may wonder how does a massage chair actually works? Also, how does it recline your body just like a human massage specialist? A massage chair is a combination of so many tech gadgets like vibrators, gears, rollers, air pressure bags, robotic handles, sometimes even more like speakers, remotes, wireless controls. More importantly, all the mechanisms are attached to a massive metal frame that is covered with a leather or synthetic material to give it a nice form factor. Here we will briefly explain the functions of the main parts of a massage chair.
Every single massage chair has this part inside them. They have a pack of rollers behind the backrest to massage your whole back. The rollers are classified with number and function. There are dual roller design, Triple roller design, and Quad roller design if we try to align them by the advancement of their usability.
Body tracking technology:
Sometimes, in an electric massage chair recliner, the rollers are attached to a robotic handle that glides from your neck to your buttock and takes a measurement of your whole back, then massages you with a personalized message pattern.
There are tons of massage modes a modern massage chair can massage you with. Such as kneading, rolling, Gripping, tapping, knockin, etc. And the massage chairs are also equipped with real-life massage techniques as well. such as Shiatsu massage, Acupoint therapy, Thai massage, Yoga stretching, etc.
Note: Now, you know how your massage chair works like a pro but can it remove your back pain? Let’s find out here.
Benefits of a massage chair
When you think about how a massage chair can possibly benefit me in real life, there are a lot of things we can mention a handful of benefits of using a massage chair.
Relief from lower back pain:
A good massage chair comes with a good heating therapy inside the backrest and it combined with the other mechanisms, can relieve you from chronic back pain that has been poking you for years. Heating and massaging therapy is a natural way to fasten the recovery from back pain. Your massage chair will do it like a pro massage therapist.
When you do a lot of muscle-intensive works, your muscle tissues are torn inside, so they need to get heald. A good massage can ease the muscles and help the tissues to heal up. Massage chairs come with air massaging capability to massage your muscles and fasten the recovery of torn muscles.
Massaging with a massage chair can increase your white cell production and circulation, along with that, cortisol in your body gets decreased. As a result, the white cells are more capable of fighting viruses and diseases in your body. So your natural immune system improves by a huge amount.
Proper blood circulation:
Massaging with a massage chair can improve your blood circulation dramatically. The clogged blood vessels get freed and your body gets more blood in every corner of it from head to toe. So your body starts responding quicker and much easier. A Zero gravity massage chair helps you more to get a better blood circulation.
Improves your cardiovascular health:
Massaging with a massage chair will positively affect your cardiovascular health and improve your heart situation by freeing the clots in major heart veins and it will keep you out of the fear of heart attack and other cardio problems.
Improves your mood and sleep:
A massage chair increases the production of endorphins in your body, When this “Feel-Good chemical” increases in our body, it allows you to feel more positive, tension-free and more vibrant in activities. It helps you sleep earlier and get a good deep sleep.
Note: You can have a look at this article if you want to know more about the benefits of using a massage chair.
Table of Content:
- Top 5 best massage chair Under 1000 Dollars
- Things to consider before buying a massage chair
Top 5 best massage chair Under 1000 Dollars
If you are running short of budget or don’t want to spend a lot of money on a massage chair, In this part of the article, we will get you through the best budget massage chair available under 1000 dollars.
1. BestMassage Zero Gravity Full Body Massage Chair
To choose the best full body massage chair under 1000 dollars, we didn’t compromise on the features. This massage chair got its position on this list only because it met all our requirements maintaining quality.
With deep massage therapy and better design, you will be comfortable to sit for hours and get relaxed. No matter how stressful your working condition is, spending about 30 minutes on this chair will give you the refreshment you need to go on the next day.
From the foot massage options, you will know how good and useful its massage therapy is. With rollers and airbags, you will have kneading on the toes, heel, and scrape on the soles, which recovers the feet completely. With fashionable design and portability with back wheels, you can seriously consider buying this amazing chair.
BestMassage Zero Features:
- In its full reclining position, the feet elevated to the same level as your heart for maximum relaxation.
- It can massage 14 different points of your body, making your body completely stress-free.
- The 3 different preset settings will give you various stretching for the full-body, including yoga stretching.
- This is a zero-gravity space-saving chair that only requires 10 inches from the wall making it perfect for small homeowners.
- With the combination of airbags and heating pads on the lower back, your muscles will recover quickly.
2. Tinycooper Massage Chairs by OOTORI
If you want a minimalistic chair with beneficial massage options, you should get this one. This chair offers a zero-gravity feature that can stretch your full body and do some expert posture. As a result, the blood circulation of your body increases and recovers the muscles.
On the back, it has 8 massage rollers and 32 airbags on different positions, which gives you different massage settings. You can customize your massaging preference, but there are preset programs if you don’t have time for that.
Your shoulder, arms, hands, back, bottom, calf, and foot will receive the professional massage therapies for maximum effect. The manufacturer ensures that you get to a correct zero-gravity position for the ultimate relaxation. Moreover, the chair allows one to fix any angle that you seem comfortable, which you won’t get in other models.
Tinycooper Massage Features:
- This zero-gravity massage chair comes with 2 neck massage nodes and 8 back massage rollers.
- The foot rollers and airbags will remove the stress from leg muscles and heal the pain for the next day.
- It has 3 different levels for reclining, and the last one raises your feet above your heart, which results in therapeutic effects.
- On the middle to the lower backside, there are heating pads so that you can relax and relieve from back pain.
- Its vibrating features will detoxify and relax the surface tissue so that your body has a better blood circulation.
3. Real Relax 2020 Massage Chair
During our research, we came across another one of the best massage chair under 1000 that ensures comfort as well as relaxation. With all other basic massaging features, it comes with Bluetooth connectivity so that you can listen to your favorite music while relaxing.
The three reclining positions are named as initial zero gravity, comfort zero gravity, and deep zero gravity. The deep one will make sure that your feet are above the level of your heart, increasing blood circulation.
The full chair comes in 2 separate boxes, and any tall or healthy person can buy this one. It can take up to 400 pounds and stretch a little bit to make room for a 6.1′ tall person. You can order this one and be assured that it has all other features like the other models on the list.
Real Relax 2020 Features:
- With its Bluetooth feature, you can connect your smartphone to it and enjoy your favorite music while having a full-body massage.
- It comes with 6 different preset massage settings that include relaxation, sleep, stretching, sports, neck massage, and waist massage.
- The full reclining position doesn’t take extra space, making it a space-saver zero-gravity chair.
- For the neck and back massage, there are 8 rollers with heating pads on the back for maximum relaxation.
- You can set the reclining positions and the intensity of the massage on 3 different levels that feels the most convenient for you.
4. R Rothania Ospirit Full Body Shiatsu Massage Chair
The unique feature of this massage chair is the fixed control panel on the right-hand side. You will see flexible remote controls on other models where this one has a fixed one. Some people feel those remote controls troublesome, and this one is perfect for those.
With a lot of customization options, you can have different reclining positions, different speeds, and multiple preset programs. The airbags on this one are designed in a way that you can have massage therapies that include twists and stretch.
The magnetic sensors of this chair can measure your body shape and give massage to the most affected areas. With the calf and foot massage setup, the people with standing or walking job will get the most help. The 2 heating pads also relieve you from back pain and recovers the muscles. So, read the reviews, know how people feel about this chair, and order one if you think it is worth your money where we see that it is.
R Rothania Ospirit Features:
- This is an intelligently designed chair that can go to a full reclining position without taking extra space.
- The rollers can move from the upper back to under the waist area for giving you a full-back massage.
- It can mimic the massage of a professional by intelligently placed airbags on different positions that can inflate and deflate.
- With spinning rollers in the footrest area along with airbags will ensure proper foot massage and maximum relaxation.
- The auto-detection technology measures your body shape and sets which areas are to be massaged thoroughly.
5. OOTORI Zero Gravity Massage Chair
The design of this chair from OOTORI will make you feel isolated from the outside world and have a calm environment. It will also let you connect your smartphone and play soothing music while you are relaxing making it the best massage chair under 1000.
The vibration, airbags, rollers, and heating pads work altogether to give you different massaging therapies. Among them, there are rubbing, pressing, tapping, kneading, shiatsu, and some combinations.
For this reason, people love this massage chair and feel relaxed after spending 30 minutes on it after a long day of work. The footrest of this chair can stretch a little bit, so that tall people don’t feel uncomfortable. With overall quality and performance, you can order this massage chair that won’t cost you more than 900 bucks.
OOTORI Zero Features:
- This zero-gravity massage chair can take some load and extend up to 4.33 inches so that tall and healthy persons can sit comfortably.
- You can set 3 positions of reclining, and the last one is the zero-gravity position that is also a space-saver.
- With positions are set in a way that you feel the maximum comfort, and your body has increased blood flow.
- With 8 massage rollers, 34 airbags on strategic positions, and heating pads, your body will be refreshed within 30 minutes completely.
- Connecting your smartphone to the chair will give you the option to hear your favorite music while taking a full-body massage.
Things to consider before buying a massage chair
Before you go get a massage chair and start massaging yourself with it, there are some things you should consider having a look. Here are the most important things you want to have a look at.
Before you jump into the features of a massage chair, ask yourself what is the main perspective for you to get this massage chair in the first place. If you need a massage chair with a goal to get rid of the back pain you have, you should focus on the heating and massaging methods of a massage chair before it’s other benefits and working methods.
If you want a massage chair to be able to give you a custom massage personalized only for you, you must look for the feature of body scanning technology in a massage chair. An intelligent robotic plate equipped with a set of rollers will glide from the upper part of your body all the way to your lower part. And it will measure your body size, height, weight, and shape to make a custom massage plan only for you.
Multiple massage methods:
Once a good massage takes the measurement of your body, it’s ready to massage you with a bunch of massage methods. In this part, things get interesting. A good massage chair is capable of massaging you in so many ways. such as Kneading, knocking, tapping, a combo of both, gripping and so on. Other automated methods are Shiatsu, Acupoint, Thai massage, etc.
One of the best features of a modern massage chair is the zero gravity massage technology. If the chair you are about to get has this feature enabled, it will distribute your whole body’s weight into the spine evenly and make you feel all weightless like you are in the space. This technology had been developed in massage chairs resembling NASA’s space mission tech. It’s reliable.
Air massage and stretch:
If you want to get a very good muscle massage to rebuild your torn muscle tissues, make sure the chair has as many airbags as possible. Mora air massage will give you more flex in the muscles and make you feel way better.
Use and maintenance
To get a better outcome from your favorite massage chair, you need to use it with maximum care. And you have to keep good maintenance in order to get a very long term service from it. Here are some maintenance tips and the best ways to use a massage chair.
- Don’t plug your massage chair to a secondary outlet. Plug the line directly to the wall socket.
- Before you start the chair, make sure the chair has no fault in the electric line or cord.
- Keep your chair Neat and clean, out of dirt and dust all the time if you want it to last long.
- Clean your chair moderately once a week if you’re living in a dusty area.
- Do a deep cleaning once or twice a month. Remove the removable part of the chair and clean them separately.
- Use an air blower to blow off the fine dust inside the chair.
- Make sure the frame inside is out of the dust, or it may get fragile.
- Don’t use the chair without any cloth on your body, it will be bad for both your body and the surface material of the chair.
- If the chair is covered with leather and other natural elements, you can oil them often in order to keep them naturally shine.
Massage chairs are usually very safe to use. But as it is an electric appliance and has some precautions to take, it’s important to know them for good
- It runs electric- Just like any other electric appliance in your home, your massage chair comes with its safety precautions about electricity. Be sure to get through the safety manual and follow them to avoid any unexpected accidents.
- Use a good adapter- Look at the product specifications to know what type of electric adapter it takes and what voltage it requires. Make sure you are plugging in the chair into the right adapter. UK adapters and US adapters aren’t the same.
- You shouldn’t use your chair Right after surgery- when you have an unhealed wound if you have a serious rash on the skin, Infections on your body or if you are allergic to the material of the chair-surface.
- Don’t use it too much- It’s recommended to use a massage chair up to 30 minutes in a row and 2-3 times a week. If you need, you can exceed the limit of how many times you use it in a month, but don’t use it more than 30 minutes in a day. It can harm you in so many ways.
- Don’t use a faulty chair– Once you find your chair defective, stop using it immediately. Contact your supplier and get it repaired or replaced before using it again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a massage chair worth it?
To make sure the massage chair worth it, be sure to know the purpose for you to get the chair, and you’ll be very happy that you have the chair as your faithful friend.
Is it bad to sit in a massage chair for a long time?
Yes. If you sit on a massage chair more than 30 minutes in a row and don’t turn it off, it may cause a problem to your body. So turn off your chair after a long time of using it.
Does vibrating massage chairs work?
Most of the vibration massage chairs have the vibrating pad under the buttock. It helps you get rid of the soreness from all-day work and a long walk.
How often should you use a massage chair?
You should use a massage chair 2-3 times a week and up to 30 minutes in a row if you are an adult.
What should you not do before a massage?
Never drink alcohol before a massage, Don’t have a sunbath if you have a plan to jump into the massage chair afterward. And avoid hot shower before a massage.
Once you are decided to get a massage chair, the above are the best options in the current market right now. If you prefer tons of auto message settings and a lot of air massage bags, the OOTORI Zero Gravity Massage Chair is a versatile chair that has the capability to deliver you a massage experience with no compromise even Zero gravity.
A modern, sleek and simple design, Real Relax massage chair is also a good choice to go with. So, there you have the ultimate guide to the best massage chair under 1000 Dollars.