With the help of the evolution of modern life and science, we’re now living lightning-fast lifestyles. Everyone needs to rest but nobody is having the chance to get some time out from their busy life. After a hectic stressful long day, a massage can set you free from all the stress and soreness. But, not everyone has the chance to go to a massage center and get a good massage.
That is where the best budget massage chairs come into the play and solve your problems. We researched a lot and finalized the models that don’t compromise the quality because of their low cost. So, we think the following reviews will be worth your time and any product will be worth your investment.
Do massage chairs really help?
Massage chairs cannot make your life easier, it doesn’t do your households. But, when you come back from work with a devastated and stressed body, you get inside the massage chair and hit the start button. Instantly, you will feel like you are in a massage and spa center, where your body is being relieved from all the stress, tension, back pain, and stiff muscles. Massage chairs help you live your life just easier than ever you could imagine. You have to be very selective while buying a reasonable massage chair.
Note: Along with that question, we were also wondering if massage chairs are good for our back. You can read what we found in this article.
Benefits of using a budget massage chair
There are tons of benefits of using a massage chair that can be mentioned, here are the most common key benefits people usually look for in a massage chair:
Loosen your stiff muscles and rebuild them:
A massage chair helps you get rid of muscle tension, pain, and stiffness. It squeezes your muscles and increases the blood flow to the deepest parts of your muscles. You will be free from muscle fatigue and get up with a whole new energetic body.
Improves your cardiovascular health:
Massage chairs improve your blood flow through the cardiovascular arteries and break through the clogged veins and help you free the blockages from the heart muscles. A massage chair can help you decrease the possibilities of a heart attack.
Release more endorphins:
A massage chair helps you release more endorphins, which is called the happy chemical in our body. By massaging you in so many ways like kneading, tapping, gripping, rolling, shiatsu, acupoint, etc, it helps you live a happier life with more activity.
Boost your immune system:
A massage chair helps you boost the immune system in your body. With proper blood circulation, it helps you produce more white cells that work as the antidote for diseases in our body. At the same time, it pushes your cortisol out and keeps you free from regular health problems like common flu, cold, etc.
Table of Content:
- Top 5 Best Budget Massage Chairs Reviews
- Things to consider before buying a massage chair:
- How to perfect use & Maintenance?
Top 5 Best Budget Massage Chairs Reviews
When it comes to budget-friendly massage chairs, you must be ready to compromise some extra benefits. Yet, we’ve come through dozens of budget-friendly and worthy massage chairs. Finally, we selected 5 of the best affordable massage chairs that are designed to deliver you the therapies like an expensive chair.
1. Real Relax Massage Chair
This model from Real Relax is not the cheapest one but falls in our budget range. Also, it has the features that you will find in an expensive chair. After some testing and going through customer feedback, we think that this one is the best budget massage chair on this list.
After a long and stressful day, you can choose different massage therapies from its preset programs. For relaxation, it has a calm and gently massage settings. On the other hand, you can get such a massage that will stretch and make your muscles stress-free. Moreover, the chair comes with heating elements and foot rollers that you won’t see often.
Within half an hour, your body will be completely relaxed and have a therapy that would require multiple experts for at least 2 hours. The performance and build quality of this chair will also impress you. So, order this one if the features meet your needs, and you won’t regret the investment.
Real Relax Main Key Features:
- Its S-track massage mechanism will move from neck to waist for a complete and relaxing back massage.
- It comes with 6 auto programs along with a rocking motion that you can activate by pressing the waist button.
- By pressing the stretch button, it will go to the zero-gravity reclining position and give you a yoga stretch.
- A total of 50 airbags are placed in different locations so that you get almost every part of your body massaged.
- The chair includes HI-FI speakers to let you enjoy your favorite music while taking a relaxing massage.
2. OOTORI Zero Gravity Massage Chair
This is the most affordable zero gravity massage chair that you will find on this list. If you are hesitating about buying such expensive chairs as you have a low budget, you won’t have an excuse now. We searched a lot and found this one that truly amazed us with its high-end features and great performance.
The chair not only can go to the zero-gravity position but also takes very little space, making it perfect for the small apartment owners. Moreover, don’t worry if you are a healthy and tall person because the chair is extendable up to 4.33 inches and has a wide sitting area.
With its overall design, you will get neck kneading, shoulder kneading, shiatsu, and waist shiatsu. Those are the most affected areas, and this chair will make you feel refreshed within hours. So, get it today before the stock runs out, and you won’t miss out on a great massaging chair.
OOTORI Main Key Features:
- This chair has a zero-gravity design that will give you the optimum position ensuring maximum blood circulation.
- It includes vibrating, heating, and foot massaging features that we saw in the expensive massage chairs.
- With its 34 airbags and 8 massage rollers, you will have 6 different massage therapies.
- For relieving you from back pain, the chair comes with heating elements surrounding the lumbar area.
- For calf and foot, it has multiple airbags on different positions that will give you a 3D compression massage.
3. OOTORI Massage Chair Recliner
Here we have got another one of the best massage chairs on a budget, and we are reviewing this for low-budget customers. But that doesn’t mean that you will have to compromise basic massaging features for the price. However, it would help if you were careful about its load taking capability.
Otherwise, you will even get the massage options that many mid-range massage chairs don’t have. For example, it has a true zero gravity feature, foot massage options, heating pads, and many more.
For those who are suffering from sore muscles, headaches, anxiety, back pain, and neck pain, this is the most convenient chair for them. The chair comes almost 80% pre-assembled, and the remaining assembly is not that tough and won’t take you more than 15 minutes.
OOTORI Main Key Features:
- You can lock the reclining position and control the speed and strength of massage therapy on 3 levels.
- It can give you a full backside massage therapy on 8 different points with eight effective rollers.
- As the chair can go to zero gravity reclining position, you will have a fully relaxed orientation ensuring maximum blood circulation.
- It can take a load up to 380 pounds and accommodate 6.25 feet tall person easily and comfortably.
- Heat therapy on your back by its heating pads will increase the flow of oxygen and nutrients and heal back pain.
4. OOTORI Zero Gravity Full Body Massage chair
This model is an electric full body massage chair recliner from OOTORI that comes with basic features of a massage chair. With its fully reclined position, you will be like lying on a very comfortable bed but in a better posture. The zero-gravity reclining position will give you a full body massage as well as increase blood circulation throughout the body.
You will love its design and eye-catching color that fits any home decor. Any person can sit comfortably and relax for as long as they want. There are a lot of airbags in different locations that will give you a rhythmic massaging experience.
Its 2 different positions will have your heart lower and higher than your leg. As a result, you will feel weightlessness, and it will relax your improving body condition. Furthermore, it has a vibrating feature that will give you massage on different parts along with the hip. Moreover, heating pads are also helpful to relieve you from back pain.
OOTORI Main Key Features:
- You can easily control the chair with a one-hand controller and set 3 different positions, speeds, and massage strengths.
- It has a total of 56 airbags and 8 rollers so that you can get a full body massage like a 3-hour spa session.
- It has a wide area for healthy persons to sit comfortably, and the leg part can extend up to 4.72 inches.
- With its 360-degree ball massage, you will get a deep massage therapy to relax the muscles quickly.
- Moreover, the heating pads and vibration features will take care of the rest of the body parts with maximum relaxation.
5. MR Direct Electric Full Body Shiatsu Massage Chair
Here we have got another budget-friendly massage chair that will give you a full massage experience without the heat therapy. Other than that, you will get even foot roller massage, which we didn’t find in many expensive chairs.
It has a low-space taking feature that makes it convenient for small homeowners. You can place it close to your living room wall and use it for every day. If your profession makes you walk a lot or keep you on your feet for long hours, this will be the best chair for you.
The chair comes with 3 preset settings for the ultimate massage experience. But you can activate different massaging features on-demand and make yourself comfortable. For tall and healthy persons, it will also be comfortable for its spacious design and load taking capability. So, read the key features and customer reviews to make a decision.
MR Direct Main Key Features:
- The remote control of this chair has a lot of options for customized massage therapies and maximum relaxation.
- The airbags on the shoulder, hand, and leg will compress and expand, increasing blood circulation and relaxing muscles.
- On the backrest, there are 8 rollers and 8 massage points to give you a full back massage.
- Resting the foot, you will get kneading and shiatsu with the rollers and airbags for maximum relaxation.
- The chair is effortless to assemble and doesn’t take a lot of time, making it convenient for anyone.
Things to consider before buying a massage chair:
Before you go and start shopping for the best massage chair on a budget, there are some important things you should know. These things make a massage chair worth buying and you should not skip them.
Multiple massage modes:
A massage chair isn’t worth buying if it doesn’t allow you to massage yourself with multiple message settings like Shiatsu, Kneading, Knocking, tapping, gripping, acupoint therapy and so on.
If you have back pain to deal with every day, this feature of a massage chair can be a big help for you. It can alleviate your back pain effectively by targeting your pain area and apply heat therapy there.
Zero-gravity position in a chair was invented by NASA, to help their astronauts in order to deal with the huge gravitational pull during a space mission. This feature is a massage chair makes the massage experience way more comfortable and recline your whole body in a different way.
This is where it gets interesting about a massage chair. The air massage feature in a massage chair works with multiple airbags strategically placed to cover up all the muscles in your body. They can stretch, squeeze your muscles and relieve you from muscle fatigue and tension.
Manual massage and adjustability:
Only automatic message settings may not be enough to get the optimum amount of relaxation, relief from stress, soreness and especially the back pain. In order to be able to get the most out of your massage chair, you need to have a manual massage setting along with the auto once as well. And you must look for the intensity and pressure adjustability for all the message settings like back massage, air massage, zero gravity and so on.
Note: If you want to find our secret recipe for finding the best massage chair, you can read this article.
How to perfect use & Maintenance?
The best service and longevity of a massage chair depends on how perfectly you use it and how well you are taking care of it. Here are some tips for you to use and maintain your massage chair perfectly.
- First of all, don’t use a secondary current outlet, such as a multiplug to power your chair, connect it directly to the wall socket.
- Also, don’t place it directly under the sunlight or humidity.
- Moreover, don’t start the chair if you’re not using it. It may get overheated and harm the internal components.
- Finally, don’t overuse your massage chair, or it may cause harm to your body, Such as rashes
As your massage chair is another electric appliance in your home, there are some safety tips you must follow if you want to have good support from your massage chair and keep yourself safe, such as:
- Don’t use your massage chair right after surgery, it will harm the area.
- Don’t use the chair if you have severe rashes on your skin.
- Make sure your message chair is getting its power directly from the wall socket with the recommended power adapter.
- Don’t use the chair if you have an unhealed wound or infection on your body.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do massage chairs use a lot of electricity?
If you use a massage chair on a regular basis and use it properly, the overall usage of electricity should be almost the same as your desktop computer (For a better understanding).
are massage chairs safe while pregnant?
Using massage chairs are safe while pregnant. But, make sure you use the lowest intensity level of kneading, as the lower body can be in serious soreness if high intensity applied.
Is body massage good for weight loss?
Massaging your body works as the manual lymphatic drainage in your body, it also improves your digestion. As a result, it helps you effectively on weight loss program
How often should you get a massage for stress?
If you are experienced with using massage chairs and don’t have a problem with using it too often, you can use a massage chair often like 3-4 times a week and 5-15 minutes in a row.
What is the best home massage chair?
If your family members are also going to use the massage chair you are getting, the best massage chair for home would be the Real Relax Favor 05 as it can accommodate any body size up to 400 lbs. It tracks the body shape and massage accordingly. It has an auto timer so that nobody overuses it.
If you are in the pursuit of getting the best budget massage chair, the above-mentioned massage chairs will serve just right. However, do some more research based on our buying guide so that your investment doesn’t go in vain. But some of you might still be hesitant and our recommendation for you is to buy the Real Relax Massage Chair.